With the advent of the internet and cable network food television, we have a greater understanding of cooking and more culinary knowledge at our fingertips than any generation before us could have imagined.
Likewise, there are far more choices available to us than ever before that tend to veer creative dinner options away from the harrowing experience it must have once been for my mom. I, for one, am glad of this fact and take full advantage of everything at my disposal.
However, I refused to rely on the sauce alone to make the dish special. That is too easy for me and that's not my style. Rather, I wanted to create a home-made marinade in advance that would infuse the pork with bold flavors as it soaked overnight. The addition of Shitake mushrooms gave the dish an additional textural component and flavor profile that I found immensely enjoyable.
So with my shopping list in hand, off I went to my nearest Shop & Shop to collect the ingredients to make my:
For the Meal:
For the Marinade:
I like to begin by prepping my pork and marinade the night before. It is a quick, simple process that allows the next evening's meal to take all of fifteen minutes.
1. Cut pork loin or chops into 1/4" thick portions and trim any visible fat.
2. Slice pork portions into 1/4" strips and cut to approximately 2" in length.
5. At this point, you'd want to add the fettucini to a pot of salted boiling water to cook, as dinner will be ready in about 10 minutes...
6. Once my ingredients are prepped, I add one tablespoon of vegetable oil to a skillet and place it over medium/high heat.
7. When hot, I remove the pork from the marinade and add it to the skillet.
8. After cooking just a few minutes, I add the fresh Shitake mushrooms, scallions and minced garlic to the skillet and stir to coat.
10. Pour Campbell's Skillet Sauce into pan and mix thoroughly. Cover, lower heat and cook for five minutes.
This recipe will make two to three servings, so adjust accordingly.
There will be an in-store demo taking place in select Stop & Shop and GIANT Food Stores on May 3, 2014.
If you are interested in giving these products a taste for yourself , I encourage you to call your local store to see if they are participating, and if so, give it a try!
#EasyPrepMeals #CollectiveBias #shop #SoFab
Photo at left: Stop & Shop, Carlstadt, NJ 07072