Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, sliced black olives and diced tomato.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned. Once browned, add wine to de-glaze pan.
- Add water and instant rice to skillet. Turn heat to low and continue cooking, allowing rice to absorb all liquid - approximately 2 minutes.
- Add Chipotle/Heavy Cream mixture, sour cream and 2 tbsp homemade Sofrito to skillet. Salt to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and let cool while preparing peppers to stuff.
- Cut tops (stems) off peppers and remove all seeds and veins with a small knife being careful not to cut into the peppers.
- Rinse cleaned peppers inside and out.
- When ground beef and rice mixture has cooled sufficiently, mix with 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese. Stuff each pepper with mixture and arrange on a baking dish. (I prefer Pyrex for this application)
- Spread 1/2 cup of Sofrito over peppers and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar/mozzarella mix.
- Bake in 350º oven for 15 minutes.