We've seen a lot of white around a lately - snow, ice, endless arctic landscapes. That's why, on a recent cold winter's night, white bean chili seemed to fit the bill.
3. Stir and saute a few minutes until soft. Chop and add any fresh herbs on hand, such as parsley or oregano.
5. Add beans: two cans of white beans lightly rinsed, one can of diced tomatoes.
6. Add meat: Coarsely Chop and add two cups of meat. I used turkey, but chicken or ham would work fine too.
7. On the side: Boil and prepare 2-3 cups of pasta according to directions on box. I used ditalini, however, any smaller type pasta in your cabinet would work well, including small shells, macaroni, penne, or fuscilli. Set aside.
8. Season soup: Add, to taste.
1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
1-2 teaspoons of dried oregano, basil or italian seasoning.
1-2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1-2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Pinch red pepper flakes
1-2 teaspoons granulated garlic
Put about a cup of pasta into the bottom of soup bowl and ladle hot soup into bowl. Top with sour cream and a sprinkle of parmesean cheese. Enjoy!