For this recipe, I not only chose the Delicata Squash for its delicious creamy texture, but also, because they are snap to prepare, they do not require peeling for the skin is edible, and the squash itself cooks quickly, making it the perfect Autumn appetizer!
- Scrub outside of squash thoroughly.
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise, and remove seeds.
- Slice into 1/4" to 1/2" slices.
- In a bowl, combine panko, breadcrumbs, salt, cayenne and crumbled bacon. Mix thoroughly.
- Coat each slice with olive oil and roll in mixture. Set atop greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes at 425º.