Now that the holidays are over and the seasonal temptations are off the table, it's time for me to once again focus on my usual healthy eating habits and daily gym regimen.
This is one of my favorite healthy meals that utilizes one of my favorite greens - chard - and a spiced apple chicken sausage that is just delicious.
A single sausage link is just 130 calories, the chard & raisins are approximately 90, and throw in the tsp of olive oil and pine nuts, and for under 400 calories, this is one amazing and guiltless meal!
3. Once the garlic and pine nuts are toasted, removed from skillet
5. Add chard to skillet with raisins.
7. Plate the chard and raisin mix, and sprinkle with toasted garlic and pine nuts. Slice the sausage link and place on top. Enjoy!
1. Heat oven to 350° and cook sausage until done.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp olive oil in skillet and add minced garlic and pine nuts and stir frequently until toasted.
4. Give warm pan a quick wipe and set down over medium/high heat. Add 1/4 cup of water and golden raisins and cook 60-90 seconds.
6. Cook chard until wilted, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.