1. Cut 2 cups of vegetables into small cubes. For this dish, I used what I had on hand - broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, red bell pepper, and even a couple of water chestnuts. You also use olives, cauliflower, asparagus tips or whatever else you have on hand. Just make sure they're cut small enough to steam quickly.
2. If you use a steamer as shown at right, put 1/2" to 1" of water in bottom and let them steam for 20 minutes or so. So veggies will be softer than others, which is good, because it causes a texturally pleasing contrast.
3. While bringing a pot of water to boil (add salt), season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper and grill until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
4. Cook Rotini Pasta al dente, approximately 9 minutes.
5. Remove pasta and drain thoroughly.
6. Remove Veggies from steamer.
7. Slice chicken breast on the bias into 1/4" to 1/2" slices.