1. Preheat oven to 450º
2. Separate pizza dough into two 1-lb balls. Cut each ball into four portions, giving you eight. Roll each portion into 6" to 7" rounds.
Autumn. The very word gets my senses tingling. I love everything about the season - the chill in the air, the colors, the holidays, but most of all, the fall-inspired food.
In keeping with that mindset, this is absolutely an Autumn-inspired take on a pizzeria favorite.
This recipe makes 8 calzones. Simply adjust for fewer.
4. Remove from skillet and transfer to strainer to drain.
6. Remove from skillet and transfer to strainer to drain, squeezing all liquid from spinach.
8. Equally top each round with sausage, spinach and cheese. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
9. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal.
11. Brush tops with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.