Prep time: 45 min
Guilt Level: HIGH
(for the cake)
1 box chocolate cake mix (oil, eggs and water as noted on package)
1 cup prepared graham cracker crust mix
3 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
3 tablespoons sugar
(for the frosting)
3 sticks salted butter (at room temperature)
4 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
2 cups marshmallow fluff
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(for the garnish)
24 graham cracker sticks
1- 7 ounces tub of chocolate pieces (microwavable)
1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350º, and line two cupcake tins with cupcake liners. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crust mix, melted butter and sugar. Place one tablespoon of graham cracker mixture in the bottom of each cupcake liner, spread evenly with a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, prepare cake mix as directed. Fill cupcake liners half full, bake 12-15 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, use a stand mixer to combine butter, marshamllow fluff and vanilla extract until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat on slow until combined.
- Beat 5-6 min on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- To frost, fill one end of a resealable plastic bag with frosting and snip off the corner to create an instant (and disposable!) pastry bag. Generously frost each cupcake (and if you have a creme brulee torch, you can "toast" the marshmallow frosting!)
- To make the garnish, microwave tub of semisweet chocolate in 30 second intervals- stirring each time- until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 90 seconds).
- Dip a third of each graham cracker stick in the chocolate, then press into sprinkles.
- Set aside on wax paper to cool. (Do not garnish cupcakes until ready to serve- the moisture in the cake will soften the graham crackers if they sit too long!)
Faux Gourmet Tip: "If the frosting is too “loose”, add a small amount of powdered sugar to help set it."