Guilt Level: HIGH
1. Pre-heat oven to 350, and line two cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl, prepare cake mix as directed.
3. Fill cupcake liners half full, bake 12-15 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
(for the cupcakes)
(for the frosting)
5. Spoon the prepared caramel sauce into a plastic squeeze bottle (available at your local grocery store or dollar store).
6. To fill the cupcakes, insert the entire tip of the squeeze bottle into the center of the cupcake and squeeze the caramel into the cupcake (you'll know it's filled when the cupcake "plumps" up and a small amount of caramel comes out of the top).
7. Using a stand mixer, combine butter and powdered sugar. Slowly add vanilla extract and prepared caramel sauce. Once combined, beat 5-6 min on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. To frost, fill one end of a pastry bag with a star tip with frosting, or one end of a resealable plastic bag, with frosting and snip off the corner to create an instant (and disposable!) pastry bag. Generously frost each cupcake.
Garnish each cupcake with a caramel candy and a pinch of course ground sea salt. Indulge and enjoy!