Guilt Level: MEDIUM
- Preheat oven to 350, and spray a baking sheet with non-stick olive oil spray.
- Unwrap thawed phyllo pastry sheets and removing one sheet at a time, brush 4-5 sheets of pastry dough with olive oil, stacking the sheets on top of each other.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, scallions, garlic powder and sea salt until well combined.
- Place ¼ of the mixture in the center of the prepared pastry sheets and top with one salmon fillet. Fold the edges in and wrap the salmon up (triangle or rectangle shapes work best, depending on the shape of the salmon fillet), so the salmon and cream cheese is entirely encased in phyllo dough.
- Brush again with olive oil and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat this process until complete and all four salmon bundles are placed on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 min until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm and garnish with capers, and more sliced scallions.
Faux Gourmet Tip: "If you're in a rush (or don't have a pastry brush on hand) use a spray olive oil to coat the phyllo dough sheets instead of brushing them with olive oil."