Guilt Level: HIGH
- Pre-heat oven to 350º, and line two cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, prepare cake mix as directed. Fill cupcake liners half full.
- Carefully drop 2-3 drops of root beer extract in the center of each cupcake, then use a toothpick to swirl it gently into the batter.
- Bake 12-15 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer, combine butter and powdered sugar. Slowly add vanilla extract. Beat 5-6 min on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Fill a pastry bag with a star tip with frosting, or fill one end of a resealable plastic bag and snip off the corner to create an instant (and disposable!) pastry bag.
- Generously frost each cupcake and garnish with vanilla sugar, sprinkles, colored sugar, or just enjoy as is!