Guilt Level: HIGH
(for the cake)
- Pre-heat oven to 350º
- Line two cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, prepare cake mix as directed.
- Fill cupcake liners half full, bake 12-15 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a Bismarck tip and pastry bag, fill each cupcake with about 1 tablespoons vanilla pudding (you'll know the cupcake is filled when the filling begins to come out through the hole in the top).
- Using a stand mixer, combine butter and powdered sugar. Slowly add vanilla extract and red food coloring (frosting should be light pink). Beat 5-6 min on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Fill a pastry bag with a start tip with frosting, or one end of a resealable plastic bag and snip off the corner to create an instant (and disposable!) pastry bag. Generously frost each cupcake.
- Garnish each cupcake with edible pearls or brightly colored sprinkles!