Guilt Level: HIGH
(for the cake)
- Pre-heat oven to 350º, and line two cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, prepare cake mix as directed. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Fill cupcake liners half full, bake 12-15 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer, combine butter and powdered sugar. Slowly add vanilla and peppermint extracts. Beat 5-6 min on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Fill a pastry bag with a star tip with frosting, or fill one end of a resealable plastic bag and snip off the corner to create an instant (and disposable!) pastry bag. Generously frost each cupcake, and garnish each cupcake with peppermint chips.