Guilt Level: HIGH
(for the cupcakes)
- 1 1/2 cups prepared caramel sauce (sauce should be thick in consistency)
- 1/4 cup Guinness Irish Stout (at room temperature)
- Pre-heat oven to 350º, and line two cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, prepare cake mix as directed, but adding the stout instead of water and mixing until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full, bake 12-15 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before filling and frosting.
- In a small bowl, stir the stout into the prepared caramel sauce, mixing until smooth (consistency will be a bit thinner, but should not be runny!)
- Spoon the caramel mixture into a plastic squeeze bottle (available at your local grocery store or dollar store). To fill the cupcakes, insert the entire tip of the squeeze bottle into the center of the cupcake and squeeze the caramel into the cupcake (you'll know it's filled when the cupcake "plumps" up and a small amount of caramel comes out of the top).
- Using a stand mixer, combine butter and powdered sugar. Slowly add stout and prepared caramel sauce. Once combined, beat 5-6 min on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Fill one end of a pastry bag with a star tip with frosting, or one end of a resealable plastic bag, with frosting and snip off the corner to create an instant (and disposable!) pastry bag. Generously frost each cupcake.
- Garnish each cupcake with caramel drizzle and festive sprinkles.