Prep time: 15 min (plus 1 hour 15 min chill time)
Guilt Level: HIGH
- Place chopped bittersweet chocolate in a bowl. In a small pot, bring heavy cream just to a boil, remove immediately and pour over chocolate. Stir slowly until chocolate is completely smooth, then add hazelnut liqueur and vanilla extract.
- Chill mixture for one hour, until just firm enough to scoop.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, roll each portion into a ball and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Microwave each tub of semisweet chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 90 seconds).
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle in the chocolate, then sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts (or roll truffles in hazelnuts). Set aside on wax paper to cool.
- Cover tightly and chill for one hour, then serve!