The holidays are a special time for me and my family. I love when the house is gleefully decorated and full of lights and warmth. I have spent years collecting what I consider to be the most perfect items to display in my home during the holiday season. My tree is even adorned with the first 6 original Disney characters. So you see, it was only fitting that one year my husband bought me a Mickey Mouse waffle iron! Not only was it a joyful surprise for me, but for my son as well. He was a toddler at the time and he would get so excited seeing Mickey on his plate and it was great watching him figure out which ear he was going to eat first. It still brings a smile to our faces every time we use it. And really, who wouldn't smile at Mickey?
Happy Holidays to all, from my kitchen to yours!!!
Serves 12- Prep time 30min
1. preheat waffle iron
2. combine flour, flax, protein and baking powder in medium bowl and set aside
3. combine extract and almond milk, whisk together
4. add flour mixture to milk mixture and whisk together
6. lightly coat iron with cooking spray
7. pour in batter and cook 3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown
Serve with pure maple syrup, favorite side and fruit