- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile in large skillet on medium high heat, heat oil. add asparagus, shallots, salt and 1/8 tsp pepper and saute for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
- Add 1/3 cup water and cook for 3-4 minutes more, until asparagus is crisp-tender and liquid evaporates. Reduce heat to low, add garlic and cook, stirring, until garlic has softened, about 30 seconds.
- Add sausage to skillet cook 5-10 minutes until lightly browned
- In small bowl, whisk eggs. stir in 1/4 cup cheese and 1/8 tsp pepper; set aside. To boiling water, add pasta and cook al dente. Drain and mix pasta into asparagus sausage mixture. Add egg mixture and stir vigorously until thickened and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper(optional)